Level 3 Award inAdministering Emergency Oxygen
Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Oxygen has been designed for those who are responsible for providing care to casualties where the administration of emergency oxygen may be required.
Over a half day period, candidates will learn about the clinical need for emergency oxygen and the safety considerations of this, as well as how to administer emergency oxygen when dealing with a range of conditions.
Successful candidates will leave the course with the knowledge and skills needed to administer emergency oxygen both safely and effectively.
Achievement of this qualification confirms candidates have met both the theoretical and practical requirements, however, it does not imply a ‘license to practice’ – the scope of practice is determined by the organisation responsible for oxygen provision.
This qualification does not allow candidates to obtain, store or administer oxygen without clinical governance.
- Use of oxygen, including:
- Health and safety principles for use of oxygen
- Benefits of oxygen administration
- Indications and contra-indications for emergency oxygen
- Dangers of compressed gas
- The use of emergency oxygen during:
- AED usage
- Pre-operational inspections of emergency oxygen equipment
- When emergency oxygen is required
- Clinical need for the administration of emergency oxygen
- Oxygen delivery devices, including:
- Nasal cannula
- Venturi mask
- Non re-breather mask
- Bag valve mask
Contact Us for more Information on our Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Oxygen Course