Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC 4) (RQF)
The Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC 4) (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised prehospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to progress their career within the NHS or private ambulance services as an emergency care assistant, intermediate ambulance practitioner, event medical provider, associate
practitioner or healthcare assistant.
It is also ideal for those who are looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police and fire services.
As the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency
Care (RQF), this qualification provides learners with a wider scope of practice in prehospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities. It also forms part of a progressive suite of prehospital care qualifications that lead to the QA Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF).
Fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills framework at descriptor level E, this fantastic qualification provides learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to be able to deal with a wide range of prehospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health crisis and more.
Successful candidates may apply to undertake the Level 5 Diploma First Response Emergency and Urgent Care Course.
- Initial patient assessment
- Physiological observations
- Anatomy and physiology
- Heart disease
- Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
- Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic
- Medical gases – including dosages and
- Thoracic trauma
- Maternity care
- Respiratory disorders and infections
- Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
- Full body and limb immobilisation
- Sexual assault
- Major incidents
- Psychosocial development in children
- Emergency care for sick and injured children
- Mental health crisis
- Assisting the clinician with clinical interventions
£450 + VAT Contact Us for more Information on our Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC 4)