Level 4 Award in Immediate Life Support (RQF)
The Level 4 Award in Immediate Life Support (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for those who have a responsibility at work, or in community or voluntary activities to provide emergency care to patients, such as event medical providers, emergency ambulance personnel, registered healthcare professionals and those working in specialist roles within the emergency services and military.
Successful candidates will develop their knowledge and skills in providing immediate life support to patients in cardiorespiratory arrest or experiencing life-threatening illness and injury.
Topics include: airway management, ILS procedures, ILS treatment algorithms, modifications required during cardiac arrest, end of life care and more.
- Scene management
- Methods and procedures needed to assess and
manage an incident
- Managing a patient with life-threatening or
non-life threatening illness and injury
- Post incident procedures
- Immediate life support procedures, including:
- Return of Spontaneous Circulation (RoSC)
- Patient handovers
- Modifications required during cardiac arrest for:
- Third trimester pregnancy
- Neck stoma
- Immediate life support treatment algorithm
- End of life care
- Using the National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
Contact Us for more Information about our Level 4 Award in Immediate Life Support (RQF) Course.