Would you know how to react in the event of a terrorist attack?
Whenever there is a shooting, stabbing or bomb explosion, the initial priority is understandably to ensure public safety, which can unfortunately cause delays to the emergency services being able to reach the injured.
The QA Level 2 Award in citizenAID (RQF) has been specifically developed to help members of the public learn life-saving skills for use in these extreme situations.
Based on the citizenAID phone App and pocket guide, this regulated qualification is designed to teach people how to react safely, prioritise the injured and give first aid to victims in the event of a deliberate multiple casualty incident.
During this 3 hour course, candidates will have the opportunity to practise techniques for dealing with catastrophic bleeding and will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to save lives in the aftermath of a terrorist attack.
Determining the appropriate actions to take in the following events, using the citizenAID App or pocket guide: (click here to download it)
- Knife attacker or active shooter
- Suspected bomb
- Exploded bomb
- Reporting the incident to the emergency services
- Prioritising multiple casualties
- Providing sufficient information when the emergency services arrive
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is breathing:
- Opening the airways
- Checking breathing
- Recovery Position
- Controlling severe external bleeding:
- Applying manufactured and improvised tourniquets
- Using improvised and manufactured dressings to pack wounds
This course costs £30 + VAT per person. Group Discounts available
Contact Us for more Information on our Level 2 Award in citizenAID