Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Medical Gases
The QA Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Medical Gases (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for those who have a responsibility for providing treatment to patients who need medical gases administering in prehospital environments.
During this 1 day course, candidates will learn how to safely administer emergency oxygen, pre-operational inspections for oxygen therapy equipment and the clinical need for oxygen therapy when dealing with a range of conditions.
Successful candidates will leave with the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to safely administer prompt and effective medical gases in an emergency situation.
- Resuscitation Council (UK)
- Skills for Health Assessment Principles for First Aid Qualifications
- The British Thoracic Society
- UK Ambulance Services Clinical Practice Guidelines 2019 (JRCALC)
- Understanding the use of oxygen therapy,
• Health and safety principles for the use of oxygen
• Benefits of oxygen administration
• Indications for emergency oxygen therapy
• Dangers for compressed gas
- Administering emergency oxygen
- Pre-operational inspections for oxygen therapy equipment
- Clinical need for oxygen therapy for:
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Delivery devices
Understanding the use of a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen
Administering a mixture of nitrous oxide and oxygen
This course costs £90 + VAT per person. Group discounts available
Contact Us for more Information on our Level 3 Award in Administering Emergency Medical Gases Course